It's Christmas in a few days and many homes have gifts, trees and their doors decorated to symbolise the essence of the season. However, you would observe that a lot of stuff including Christmas trees are quite expensive, coupled with the fact that there are many poor-quality trees being sold out there.
But it’s such a relief that there are numerous ideas for decorating the home ranging from Christmas ornaments to table decorations and other handmade craft ideas that you can put into practice, especially during these challenging times.
There is just something special and crafty about decorating homes during Christmas; it’s also a way to bring the family together and bond again.
Recall that in our last article, we came up with an easy recipe for making Basmati fried rice this Yuletide season. Today we have provided below a simple DIY Ribbon card tree that will help transform your home into a Disney palace.
Ribbon Card Tree
- To craft a ribbon card tree, you will need a long straight wooden stick or sticks from a tree branch.
- Cut the sticks into five segments, starting with eight inches wide and enlarging each piece by two inches.
- Fold two yards of ribbon in half, then place the shortest stick about six inches behind the folded ribbon, spacing the rest about five inches apart from one another.
- Use hot-glue to hold the sticks to the ribbon tightly.
- Attach your favourite greetings, colourful Christmas cards and trimmed cardboard papers with Yuletide symbols to each step of the sticks with small binder clips.
- Hang it by your door or on a boring wall
Extra tip: Wrap small empty cartons and boxwoods, tie a red ribbon on a galvanized pail and place under the ribbon card tree to collect outgoing gifts.